We want your Hopin experience to be the best it can be, but sometimes things happen and we are not able to make your experience trouble-free.
Below are some of the most common errors and how to fix them.
If all else fails…
- Refresh the browser page
- Use an incognito window on your browser
- Close the browser completely and restart
- Try a different device or browser
- Reboot your computer
Can’t see the event
- Make sure you are logged in to your Hopin account. Visit https://hopin.to/ then click Login and enter your credentials. Once there, click My Account, then look toward the bottom of the page for the link to the event.
Can’t see the event chat
- Make sure you are logged in to your Hopin account, AND
- Make sure you are in Reception and not just on the Ticket page.
- The URL will have the word “reception” at the end of it.
Can’t add/change your profile photo
- Make sure the photo you are trying to upload is not too big. Try to keep it around 1MB or less.
Something stopped working (or never worked)
- First, try refreshing the page. Most browsers have a circular arrow in the top left or right, next to the URL. Click it and see if that works.
- Make sure you are using Chrome. You can also try Firefox or Safari browsers. Hopin is very buggy on IE, Edge and Silk.
I’m having video or audio problems
- Make sure your browser is allowed to use your microphone and camera. Here are some instructions for Chrome.
- If you hear yourself echoing, you probably have multiple Hopin windows open. You need to close all of them except one.You also need to make sure you only have ONE device logged into the event. Sound is controlled by user account, not by device.
- If you hear someone else echo, give them this tip!
I can’t share my audio and video
- Where are you? If you are in Stage, you cannot share. If you are in a Moderated session, only the moderator can control who gets to share.
The screen is too small
- You can make any video/audio sharing session larger by double-clicking it.
- Consider using a tablet-sized device or a laptop to join.